It’s a challenge to deliver video via the web. The file sizes are still large and motioned videos with details are not displayed well on low quality videos. Nonetheless some videos are already presented in HD and soon this will be the expectation for online videos.
- Use videos to show things that move in real life (animals, hurricane).
- Use video to give your audience an impression of something (dancing class, concert).
- Use videos for software demos.
- Use videos for informative movies which the user can use to learn about something like a product or a service.
- Don’t use videos with single persons staring at the camera.
- Don’t use videos that are created for televisions or movie screens.
- Don’t automatically launch videos on your website.