Take a critical look at your page names and section names.
Rewrite them if you cannot answer the fallowing questions with yes:
- Is the page named clearly?
- Does the page name use the site visitor’s words?
- Is the page name as explicit as it can be?
- Does the page name describe and summarize the page content?
- Does the page name really match the content?
- Does the page name contain the relevant keyword for this page?
- Is the page name shorter than 60 characters?
- Is the page name unique on my website?
Check also if the page names agree with each other:
- Do they all use the same part of speech?
- Do they all use the same verb tense?
- Do they all use plural or singular?
- Do they all use the same language?
Write your page names as clearly and explicitly as you can. Call each thing by its proper name and don’t use fancy or clever names. Jargon, visual metaphors, branding and marketing terms are not welcome on navigation menus.