Some templates use a graphic image on the page header. It’s part of the site’s brand identity and you will need to change it.
- Use a colourful image or words on a plain background.
- Choose an image with one single object on a simple background.
- Use a high quality image with high contrast between the object and the background.
- Crop the image instead of overly reducing it.
- When using images with people use smiling people looking directly at the camera.
- Use real-life images instead of ones that are obviously stock art.
- Don’t use clip art.
- Don’t put text on photography.
- Choose an image that reflects the content of your website.
- Don’t use a busy, bold or dramatic header image that competes with the rest of the design.
- Don’t make the file larger than 50 KB.
- Don’t make the header higher than 200 pixels.