On wordpress.com you can change the background and choose an alternate colour scheme.
Change the background
- Go to Appearance › Background in your blog’s dashboard.
- Upload a background image or insert the hex code of your background colour.
If you want to use a background image instead of a plain background colour, you can find some sources for background images here:
Change the colour scheme of the template.
- Go to Appearance › Theme Options and choose the colour scheme you like.
If you want to use your very own colours you will need to purchase the custom CSS upgrade. But this upgrade only makes sense if you are familiar with CSS.
For help with CSS try:
It didn’t work?
Visit the WordPress Support Center
- Find out more about the meanings of colours.
- Find out which colours to use for the background.
- See how colours influence the appearance of websites.