Royal and creative
Purple is the colour of royalty and spirituality. It’s the bridge between warm red and cool blue. Purple is the third favourite colour after blue and green.
- Purple is associated with royalty, wealth, or prosperity. Kings, queens and emperors have worn purple for many centuries.
- Purple is a rare colour in nature. It’s associated with lavender, orchids, and lilacs.
- Purple is different. It’s the colour of individuality and attracts people who like to consider themselves different from the common herd.
- Purple denotes stability and balance. It calms down the mind and nerves.
- Purple offers a sense of spirituality and mystery. It’s the colour of good judgment.
- Purple is the colour of trendy, powerful and sophisticated young women.
- Purple is associated with nostalgia.
- Too much purple can cause moodiness.
- Purple is the colour of intrigue.
- Dark purples are heavy and can evoke depressions.
Where to use
- Purple is often used for visited links.
- Purple can give a creative and individual look to your website.
- Purple can be used for websites addressing creative people such as artists.
- Light purple can be used to create a romantic and nostalgic feeling.