Passionate and powerful
Red is a very dynamic colour that evokes strong emotions. It’s sexy, warm and connotes excitement, passion and love. But it’s also the colour of blood, violence and warfare.
- Red is the colour of the fire. It’s warm and powerful. It puts us in an energetic, exciting mood, and gets people to take action.
- Red is a symbol for power, potency and sportiness.
- Red is the colour of love and passion. It’s dramatic, deep and intense and erotic.
- Red has a sexual quality. It underscores sexual allusions.
- Red is a warm colour. It gives us energy, and makes us feel comfortable.
- Red means attention. We instinctively pay attention to red things because they might be important.
- Red is a warning signal. It put us in an alarmed, stressed mood: the heart beats faster, blood pressure and adrenaline rise.
- Red is the colour of blood, crime and war. It can suggest very negative meanings especially in combination with black.
- Red can make us feel angry or aggressive. It provokes animosity.
Where to use
- Red is used to grab attention or point out something.
- Red can give a warm and powerful look to your website.
- Red has the most powerful effect when used in small doses.
- Red can be used to underscore sexual allusions.
- Multiple shades of red, pink or orange create a cheerful palette.