http://www.weebly.com offers over 100 themes with the following design options:
- Different page layouts (landing page, large header, small header, no header).
- Change fonts for site title, paragraph titles, paragraph text and links.
- Custom header image, multiple header images and the possibility to add text to the header image. Each page can have it’s own header image.
- Site title with custom logo upload.
- There’s also the possibility to fully customize the theme by editing the HTML and CSS code.
http://www.wix.com offers a wide range of free available HTML and Flash themes. You can customize the themes by drag and drop and edit almost every single design element on the website without knowing CSS.
It’s also possible to have a blank template if you want to crate your website from scratch.
Wix offers also a directory of professional Wix designers.
http://www.wordpress.com offers over 200 free available themes. The design options depend on the theme you choose. Use the Search and Filter option in the Theme Showcase to find out which theme offers the features and styles you need.
Many themes allow the following customisation options:
- Change the background and modify the colour scheme.
- Upload a custom header image. If you want to upload a custom logo you will need to put it in the header image.
- Add widgets to your site’s sidebars.
- Custom menus to customise the site’s navigation.
- If you want to change more design elements or use different fonts you will need to purchase the Custom Design Upgrade. This upgrade only makes sense if you know CSS.