A Flash website provides graphic content with animation and pictures. It contains much less information content and focuses instead on the visual design experience.
Flash is a bandwidth friendly and browser independent vector-graphic animation technology. It works only if your client’s browser is equipped with the necessary Flash plug-in. Flash allows “pixel perfect” control over web design, including font specifications.
Go with a Flash website when:
- You want to create a graphic design experience.
- You want to create exactly the layout you like.
- You want to have the control over the design and the font specifications.
- You can put animated and interactive movies on websites.
- Content is displayed correctly for anyone who has the Flash plug-in.
- Flash is operating system and browser independent.
- Updating the content usually requires Flash skills.
- Embedded information is often invisible to search engines.
- Flash plug-in for the browser required.
- The browser must use the right version of the Flash player.
- Some customers are immediately put off by a Flash website.
- Web usability and standards are infringed.
- Website reporting is problematic.
- Apple no longer supports Flash for mobile devices.
- The future of Flash is not clear: HTML5 could replace Flash.