Blogs are websites that contain individual news stories. Usually a blog is maintained by an individual with regular entries, for example comments on various topics, descriptions of events or other material such as images or video.
A blog is a collection of posts that are displayed in reverse-chronological order.
Other people can read and comment on your posts, quote what you write and link to your blog. They can also subscribe to your blog to be informed when your write a new post.
Who can blog?
Anyone can be a reporter or publisher of personal news with a blog.
You can write about things that are going on in your life. You can also write about a topic about which you are an expert.
Go with a blog when:
- You want to publish new content frequently.
- You want to share ideas, thoughts, knowledge, experience or your life story.
- You will write in a humorous, honest and personal way.
- You want to build a relationship with the readers and let them comment on what you have written.
- Easy to create a blog and post articles with blog software, or online applications.
- Helps to build a relationship with the readers and other bloggers.
- Can help you to make a name for yourself.
- Allows discussion of ideas and getting feedback from customers.
- Allows users to post their comments and interact with each other.
- Allows sharing of knowledge.
- More content oriented; the design is secondary.
- The audience expects frequent (daily or weekly) updates.
- Easy to start but hard to maintain.
- Good blog writing is a time-consuming task.
- If your blog is not useful to your audience nobody will read it.
- Mistakes are immediately “live“.
- Spam can be inserted in the comments.
- Daily monitoring of the blog.